Boston Transgender Day Of Remembrance 2019: Sponsorship and Donation
Every year in November, the Boston transgender and non-binary communities come together to mourn those who have been taken from us due to anti-transgender violence. This tradition began in 1998, with the murder of Rita Hester in Allston, Massachusetts. Now, two decades later, the Transgender Day of Remembrance (TDOR) is honored worldwide. Please help us honor these lives by sponsoring the 2019 Boston Trans Day of Remembrance. Sponsorships allow us to host the event, print materials, pay performers, buy candles, and so much more. Any surplus funds from the event will go to two transgender-specific organizations in Massachusetts: the Transgender Emergency Fund (TEF) and Boston Health Care for the Homeless Program (BHCHP)’s Transgender Program.
Sponsorship Level Descriptions:
Sponsors will be listed on our website and in the TDOR event program. Please consider sponsoring us so we can keep this important event and tradition alive. MTPC is the fiscal agent for TDOR 2019 and does not benefit from any donations. All sponsorships are tax-deductible.
- $25 provides a BHCHP patient with the fee to change their ID at the RMV
- $50 provides food for attendees at a weekly BHCHP support group that, for many it is their only sense of family
- $100 provides gift bag supplies for 5 attendees at the BHCHP health fair
- $250 donation can help 5 TEF clients personal hygiene products, hormone co-pays and a weekly bus pass
- $500 donation helps 4 TEF clients with utility assistance (Heat, Electricity)
- $750 donation helps a TEF client stay current with their rent during financial hardships
- $1,000 helps a TEF client move into an apartment from the streets after finding adequate employment