Trauma Sensitive Yoga for Recovery October 13 & 14, 2018
Amrita Yoga and Wellness
1204 Frankford Ave Philadelphia, PA 19125
Saturday, October 13 12:00-6:30 pm
Sunday, October 14 12:00-6:30 pm
Transformation Yoga Project is offering an in-depth training on October 13 and 14, 2018 for yoga
teachers, social workers, counselors, and interested yogis.
- Are you interested in sharing yoga with those impacted by trauma and/or addiction?
- Are you working in these fields already and interested in how mindfulness-based trauma-sensitive yoga can support people in recovery?
Colleen DeVirgiliis, Mike Huggins and Nicole Breen will share their experience working within recovery centers, inpatient and outpatient treatment centers, behavioral health settings and other recovery spaces. Sessions will include interactive lecture, discussion, experiential exercises and practice instruction.
- What is yoga service
- Developing self and cultural awareness within yoga service
- What is unresolved trauma and how does this affect working with the body and mind
- Understanding Addiction and its treatment
- How yoga and mindfulness practices support 12 step and other recovery plans
- Pillars and key elements of trauma sensitivity
- How to create a class that is trauma-sensitive
- Race, privilege and inclusion
12 Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Credits are available upon completion of the training.
If you pay a registration fee and later find you must change your plans, you can either transfer your fee to a later Training or ask for a refund. Our policy is to refund the amount less an administrative fee of $25. If you have to cancel within twenty-four (24) hours of Training or after Training has begun, we will refund one half of the total fee because our expenses accelerate dramatically. The more notice you provide, the more likely we can fill your spot. We appreciate your understanding.