I hereby give permission to The First Tee of Greater Dallas (TFTD) to obtain information relating to my criminal history record. The criminal history record as received from the reporting agencies may include arrest and conviction data as well as plea bargains and deferred adjudication. I understand that this information will be used in part, to determine my eligibility for employment/volunteer position with TFTD. I also understand that as long as I am an employee or volunteer of TFTD, the criminal history record may be repeated at any time. I understand that I will have an opportunity to review the criminal history, and a procedure is available for clarification if I dispute the record as received.
I, THE UNDERSIGNED, FOR MYSELF, MY HEIRS, EXECUTORS, AND ADMINISTRATORS, HEREBY AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD TFTD, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES AND VOLUNTEERS HARMLESS FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIMS, DEMANDS OR CAUSES OF ACTION WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, COURT COSTS AND EXPENSES AND ATTORNEY’S FEES, ARISING OR ALLEGED TO HAVE ARISEN ON ACCOUNT OF (1) THE INVESTIGATION OF MY BACKGROUND IN CONNECTION WITH MY APPLICATION TO BECOME A TFTD VOLUNTEER/STAFF MEMBER; AND (II) MY ACTS OR OMISSIONS AS A TFTD VOLUNTEER OR STAFF MEMBER, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, PERSONAL INJURY AND/OR DEATH OR LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY. THE FOREGOING INDEMNITIES SHALL SURVIVE MY APPLICATION AND MY PARTICIPATION, IF ANY, IN THE TFTD PROGRAM.
Policy Statement for Disqualifying Offenses for The First Tee of Greater Dallas ( TFTD)
Employment and Volunteer Services
In order to perform our due diligence in protecting the well being and safety of the children we serve, TFTD will perform a criminal background check on all employees, volunteers and interns. TFTD deems it necessary and advisable as a matter of policy to reserve the right to disqualify any person who has been charged and convicted of any crime on TFTD’s list of disqualifying offenses.
The following offenses are grounds for disqualification, regardless of any extenuating circumstances.
- Crimes against the family, sex related offenses, child related offenses, murder, felony, theft/robbery/burglary offenses, fraud related offenses and crimes against persons and property.
- All other offenses not otherwise described above may result in disqualification at the discretion of TFTD. Factors considered by TFTD to determine disqualification include the nature and severity of the criminal conduct, the length of time since the offense occurred, the likelihood of rehabilitation (which must be evidenced by community standing, employment and references) and other factors that the TFTD may deem appropriate under the circumstances.
- Application: Each prospective employee, volunteer and intern is required to complete an application.
- Criminal Background Check: Each prospective employee, volunteer and intern will provide written consent (attached) for a criminal background check by the Volunteer Center of Dallas.
- Compliance with Requirements: TFTD will comply with the requirements of the Criminal Information Act, including the destruction of criminal history record information promptly after the determination of the suitability of the employee, volunteer or intern. TFTD additionally agrees to comply with all requirements imposed by the Volunteer Center of Dallas to perform criminal background checks.