Led by Board Chair Peter Lizotte, Friends LA is entering an exciting phase of leadership transition, strategic renewal, and programmatic growth. Accordingly, this seat will be filled by a seasoned professional bringing previous governing board and/or service as a chief executive reporting to a governing board.
Primary Board Member Roles & Responsibilities
- Participate in regular board and committee meetings, board retreats, and special meetings.
- Oversee financials, including adoption and management of the annual operating budget.
- Assure a process is in place to select and evaluate the Executive Director.
- Take an active interest in mentoring and foster care issues and legislation; engage in advocacy efforts.
- Serve in leadership positions and undertake special assignments.
- Serve as a goodwill ambassador for Friends LA by championing its mission, programs, and values.
- Act as a community liaison and advocate on behalf of Friends LA as requested by the chair.
- Maintain strict confidentiality regarding Friends LA's operations, youth, and caregivers.