Contemplation is ancient medicine for what ails us. Join us in discovering the power of taking a loving look at your health challenges and finding your own unigue contemplative path toward well-being. Our hope is that your participation will set you on solid ground for deepening and expanding on the principles, practices and insights gleaned. If you discover that it is a good fit for you, more will be available! Please view our website for a full description of the program.
Program begins with a Friday evening and Saturday "in town" retreat followed by eight weeks of Thursday evening gatherings. We wrap-up the program with a Saturday retreat. In addition to large and small group teaching and conversations covering the five main principles, activities include a variety of self-assessment/reflection exercises, mindful movement and eating, a variety of contemplative practices, self-compassion and mindfulness excercises, and personal reflection through art and wild-mind writing.
DATES & TIMES
Weekend Immersion Retreat:
Friday, February 9–Saturday, February 10
- Friday 6:30 – 9:00 p.m.
- Saturday 9:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Local, stay-at-home retreat
- Refreshments and Saturday lunch provided
Thursday evenings February 15 - April 5, 7:00 – 8:30 p.m.
- Teaching and application of the Alive and Well principles and practices to your daily life over the course of four weeks.
- Faciliated small group support with an Alive and Well trained guide
Saturday, April 7, 9:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Pasadena location
- Refreshments and mindful lunch provided
Friday - Saturday retreats will meet at the Neighborhood Church, 301 North Orange Grove, Pasadena, CA, 91103
Thursday evening meetings will take at Young & Healthy, 136 W. Peoria Street, Pasadena, CA, 91103
- $650 - payment plans available
- If partial scholarships from our Compassionate Community Scholarship Fund become available and you'd like to be considered for one, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- All of the above
- A Contemplative Path to Health and Well-being Guidebook
- Optional participation in confidential on-line discussion forum
- Optional mid-week contemplative practice conference calls
- Connections and conversations with a community of women seeking an alternative way to love and enjoy living in our bodies just as we are!