Join us to Celebrate World Wetlands Day!
CELEBRATE WORLD WETLANDS DAY HIKE
Beanblossom Bottoms Nature Preserve
Friday, February 2, 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
‘Wetlands and Human Wellbeing’ is the theme for World Wetlands Day in 2024 to spotlight the connection between wetlands and human life and emphasize the critical need for human stewardship of these essential ecosystems.
We invite you to join Sycamore Land Trust for a guided hike through Beanblossom Bottoms on World Wetlands Day to experience the majesty of the wetland in winter and learn about the benefits of our work to conserve and restore wetlands in Southern Indiana.
This hike is free for Sycamore members and their guest(s). If you're already a Sycamore Land Trust member, thank you! If you are not a member, you may make the suggested donation of $5 or $10 per family (or group of 2 or more) via cash or check at the start of the hike. Or become a member and your hike is free!
Tips to prepare
- Bring your own binoculars for a closer look, or we will have quality optics available to borrow at the start of the event.
- Dress appropriately for being outdoors based on the weather forecast, layering is recommended.
- Wear long pants and closed toed hiking shoes, boots, or other footwear with good traction.
- There may be areas of standing water along the gravel access road leading up to the boardwalk such that waterproof footwear is recommended
- Consider bringing a walking stick or trekking poles for balance, since there are no rails along the boardwalk.
- Bring a reusable water bottle to stay hydrated, water for refill will be available upon request.
- Please keep in mind that there are no restrooms at Sycamore's preserves.
- Due to limited parking, as needed a Sycamore staff person will be on hand to direct people to park beyond the gated access (located close to the gravel parking area).
- In the event of inclement weather, this event will be cancelled or rescheduled with advance notice given.
Please list the first and last names of anyone ateending with you in the same vehicle. If any are children, please include their age so our event leaders can prepare.