Waterloo Arts is seeking community organizations for the Waterloo Arts Fest on Saturday, September 11, 2021. In keeping with the artistic theme of the Fest, we ask that all community and non-profit organizations include an art activity or other engaging activity at their booth. A committee will select community organizations based on their alignment with the mission of Waterloo Arts to fill space available. The community booth spaces are reserved for organizations providing social services to the community as not-for-profit organizations. Submitting an application does not guarantee a space at the festival.
All accepted community organizations will be given a 10’ x 10’ booth space. Groups are required to bring their own tent and the tent may not exceed 10’ x 10’. Your Group is solely responsible for the appearance of your booth space and for bringing everything needed to complete the booth set up. Waterloo Arts Fest will not provide electric outlets, tables or chairs. Your booth must be staffed by your own personnel for the duration of the event. Set-up begins at 9:00 am and tear-down begins at the end of the festival at 7:00 pm.
As a safety measure, groups are not permitted to tear-down booths or move vehicles until given explicit notice from festival staff.
KEY DATES FOR COMMUNITY BOOTHS
- June 25, 2021- Applications open. Booths are approved on a first come, first serve basis. Submitting an application does not guarantee a space at the festival.
- August 15 - Application cut-off
- August 20 - Final approvals notified
- August 23 - Fee payment and contract due
- September 11, 2021 - Waterloo Arts Fest
Once notified, each accepted community organization must pay a $30 registration fee due by August 23, 2021. Failure to pay by this date cancels your application and your space will be given to the next organization on the waiting list. No late payments will be accepted. Until your contract is signed and payment is received your space will not be held.
A week prior to the festival, accepted community vendors will be e-mailed a logistics packet. This packet will include parking information, marketing materials, scheduled load-in time and instructions. Booth locations will be shared when you arrive at the event, September 11, 2021.
THE FINE PRINT
- The Waterloo Arts Fest is family-friendly.
- Community organizations are not permitted to sell items, food, or beverages.
- The Waterloo Arts Fest happens rain or shine. In the event of severely inclement weather conditions, the festival may be canceled for safety concerns.
- No refunds will be issued should cancellation be necessary.
- Community organizations are expected to provide staff for their booth for the DURATION of the festival. If festival staff finds a community organization booth space abandoned prior to the end of the fest, the community organization may not be accepted for booth space at future Waterloo Arts Fest.
Please direct questions about this application to the festival coordinators via email at: email@example.com