What does the fund help with?
- Medical care, dental care, medications (co-pays and one-time assistance)
- College/Continued education expenses (certification classes, application fees, tuition)
- Transportation (bus tickets, gasoline, one-time car payments)
- Personal Development Opportunities
- Housing/eviction assistance to prevent homelessness (lease app fees, one-time rent assistance)
- Utility bills (gas, water, electric)
- Job training/workforce development (certification classes, application fees, tuition)
- Other critical bills
Am I Eligible?
- All youth candidates are allowed one consideration every 6 months
How Will I Know If My Request Has Been Approved?
- After filling out the electronic form below, all disbursements will be reviewed by 5 individuals made up of at least one Affirmations staff member, one community volunteer, and one member from Finn It Forward with decisions made within 5 days of the request or sooner. You will then receive a phone call or email notifying you of your request status.
How Soon Will A Payment Be Made To A Vendor Once My Request Has Been Approved?
- These will be made directly to the vendor, utility company, etc., and not directly to the individual making the request. Payments exceeding $500.00 may require additional documentation for approval. The balance must first be verified with the vendor. Please note that payment could take up to at least one business day following the committee's decision