Join us for the 'Sky Dance' & Twilight Hike
Beanblossom Bottoms Nature Preserve
Thursday, March 21, 7:30-9:30 pm
As spring approaches, a flurry of activity begins in the wetlands, including migration, courtship, and rising waters. The chorus of amphibians during this twilight hike will be the soundtrack as we search the sky for the woodcock’s famous mating ritual, the 'sky dance.' Join expert naturalist Cathy Meyer and Sycamore Land Trust for an evening exploration of the trails and boardwalk at our iconic Beanblossom Bottoms Nature Preserve.
This hike is free for Sycamore members and their guest(s). If you're already a Sycamore Land Trust member, thank you! If you are not a member, you may make the suggested donation of $5 or $10 per family (or group of 2 or more) via cash or check at the start of the hike. Or become a member and your hike is free!
Tips to prepare
- Bring your own binoculars for a closer look, or we will have quality optics available to borrow at the start of the event.
- Dress appropriately for being outdoors based on the weather forecast, layering is recommended.
- Wear long pants and closed toed hiking shoes, boots, or other footwear with good traction.
- There may be areas of standing water along the gravel access road leading up to the boardwalk such that waterproof footwear is recommended
- Consider bringing a walking stick or trekking poles for balance, since there are no rails along the boardwalk.
- Bring a reusable water bottle to stay hydrated, water for refill will be available upon request.
- Please keep in mind that there are no restrooms at Sycamore's preserves.
- Since parking is limited, a Sycamore staff person will be on hand to direct some attendees to park beyond the access gate (located close to the gravel parking area)
- In the event of inclement weather, this event will be cancelled or rescheduled with advance notice given.
Please list the first and last names of anyone ateending with you in the same vehicle. If any are children, please include their age so our event leaders can prepare.