Join us for the "Sky Dance" & Twilight Hike
Beanblossom Bottoms Nature Preserve
Saturday, March 18th, 6:30-8:30 pm
Join guest hike leader and naturalist Cathy Meyer for an evening of exploration along the boardwalk trails at Beanblossom Bottoms. As spring approaches in the wetlands, a flurry of activity begins, including migration, courtship, and rising waters. The chorus of amphibians during this twilight hike will be the backdrop as we search the sky for the woodcock’s famous mating ritual, the “sky dance.”
This hike is free for Sycamore members. The suggested donation for non-members is $5/individual and $10/family. If you're already a Sycamore Land Trust member, thank you! If you are not a member, you may make the suggested donation of $5 ($10 per family) via cash or check at the start of the hike. Or become a member and your hike is free!
How To Prepare Tips
- Dress appropriately for being outdoors based on the weather forecast, layering is recommended.
- Waterproof boots or other footwear with good traction are recommended! Since access trails will likely be wet with some standing water and portions of the boardwalk may be slippery
- Bring a headlamp or flashlight since it will be dark at the end of the hike
- You are encouraged to bring your own binoculars for a closer look, but some will be available upon request
- Bring a reusable water bottle to stay hydrated, water for refill will be available upon request
- Since parking is limited, a Sycamore staff person will be on hand to make additional parking available as needed beyond the access gate
- Please keep in mind that there are no restrooms at our preserves
Please list the first and last names of anyone ateending with you in the same vehicle. If any are children, please include their age so our event leaders can prepare.
As the adult participant and/or parent/guardian of the minor participant(s) indicated, a liability waiver and photo release will be required to be signed in person at the start of the event.