Participant/ Volunteer Waiver
In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in the program, related events and activities, and use of equipment, I the undersigned, acknowledge, appreciate, and agree that:
- The risk of injury from the activities involved in this program is significant, including the potential for paralysis and death.
- I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES or others and assume full responsibility for my participation.
- I willingly agree to comply with terms and conditions for participation. If I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest official immediately.
- I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives, and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE, INDEMNIFY, AND HOLD HARMLESS the Host, it’s officers, officials, agents, and/or employees, other participants, sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the event (RELEASEES), from any and all claims, demands, losses, and liability arising out of or related to any INJURY, DISABILITY OR DEATH I may suffer, or loss or damage to a person or property, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- COVID-19 ACKNOWLEDGMENT AND WAIVER: The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID-19 is reported to be extremely contagious. While Jacob’s Chance is taking reasonable steps and precautions to lessen the risk of transmission of COVID-19 or other communicable diseases, and while Jacob’s Chance is following CDC guidelines and applicable state and county health department guidelines and orders, it is not possible to prevent against the presence of these diseases. THEREFORE, I RECOGNIZE AND UNDERSTAND THAT Jacob’s Chance is not responsible in any manner for any risks related to communicable diseases in connection with Participant’s participation in the activities. Specifically, I understand that COVID-19 is a highly contagious and dangerous disease and that contact with the virus that causes COVID-19 may result in loss, damage, expense or significant personal injury, sickness or death. I am fully aware that participation in the Activities carries with it certain inherent risks related to the transmission of communicable diseases that cannot be eliminated regardless of the care taken to avoid such risks, including, but not limited to: (1) the risk of coming into close contact with individuals or objects that may be carrying a communicable disease; (2) the risk of transmitting or contracting a communicable disease, directly or indirectly, to or from other individuals; and (3) injuries and complications ranging in severity from minor to catastrophic, including death, resulting directly or indirectly from communicable diseases or the treatment thereof (“Inherent Risks”). Further, I understand that all of the Inherent Risks are not fully understood and that the exact methods of spread and contraction are unknown, and there is no known treatment, cure, or vaccine. I hereby voluntarily accept and assume all risk of loss, personal injury, sickness, death, damage, and expense for myself arising from such Inherent Risks.
Furthermore, I represent and warrant that I do not knowingly carry any communicable diseases that may be transmitted during participation in the activities.
I will notify Jacob’s Chance ownership or employees if I suffer from any medical or a health condition that may cause injury to myself, others, or may require emergency care during my participation.
1365 Overbrook Rd, Richmond, VA 23220
By agreeing below, I hereby grant and convey to Jacob’s Chance all right, title and interest in and to record my name, image, voice, or statements including any and all photographic images and video or audio recordings made by Jacob’s Chance.
The Venue of any dispute that may arise out of this agreement or otherwise between the parties to which Jacob’s Chance or its agents is a party shall be either the Richmond City, VA Justice Court, or the County or State Supreme Court in Richmond City, VA.