Trauma-Informed Training & Practical Applications for Yoga & Mindfulness Instructors
2019 Fall Session: November 1st-3rd
The 14-hour* weekend training will delivered in three sessions:
- Friday, November 1: 6:30PM - 8:30PM
- Saturday, November 2: 9AM - 3AM
- Sunday, November 3: 9AM - 3AM
Cancer Support Community Center - Greater Lehigh Valley
944 Marcon Blvd, Suite 110
Allentown, Pa. 18109
*Participants are eligible for 14 continuing education credit hours from Yoga Alliance.
The training will be led by Melanie Smith, Director of Child Welfare and Trauma-Informed Trainings for Shanthi Project and Sarah Denney, Director of Behavioral and Emotional Learning for Shanthi Project
These sessions are open to anyone interested in learning how to implement trauma-informed practices into yoga and mindfulness classes, social work, counseling, and student interactions. The course will help you:
- Expand your knowledge of the causes and symptoms of trauma
- Learn how to implement trauma-informed practices into your classroom, practice and/or workplace.
- Learn basic mindfulness techniques for self-care and when working with trauma survivors and/or at-risk children.
- Identify new tools or strategies for improved communication
- Recognize the important role of body-based interventions in trauma recovery
For more details, including an agenda, visit our Events page.