Please Expand Stay Healthy Streets and other COVID-19 Responses
Dear Elected leaders and city staff:
Thank you for Seattle’s first Stay Healthy Streets! I am excited by the initial rollouts, and eager for expansion across the city.
I support these 8 solutions that would make a difference in my life during this COVID-19 crisis:
- Expand Stay Healthy Streets
- Implement emergency sidewalk extensions to help local businesses and along crowded pedestrian routes
- Implement emergency bike routes, especially along popular transit pathways
- Expand and simplify Play Streets and Streeteries
- Prioritize people at traffic signals
- Pursue Vision Zero and implement safer speed limits city wide
- Decriminalize walking on neighborhood streets
- Push for a green and just rebound
I hope that you’ll work together with community advocates to develop these ideas and implement them rapidly.
Sample text to help people craft a personal statement.
Get updates about what is happening with the neighborhood you identify with most.