- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must utilize excellent guest service skills to enhance the theatre experience and meet the needs of guests with a positive attitude
- Must be able to multi-task and be self-motivated
- Must be able to communicate clearly and congenially with staff, volunteers, and patrons
- Must be a mature, responsible, dependable individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
- Must be willing to complete all required trainings/certifications
- Must have a flexible schedule and availability that includes nights, weekends, holidays, and special events
We have started reusing the ticket booth out front, especially for movies, for people who don't have tickets to purchase prior to coming into the Theatre. This has really helped keep things moving efficiently inside at concessions, and it is a spot we want to continue to utilize especially for movies.
The House Manager will stand out front and direct people who need to purchase tickets to the window (or inside if we are selling from concessions) and check that they have tickets. They will then send them inside to ushers.
If you volunteer for this position, you will be pouring fountain sodas, grabbing bottled drinks/snacks/candy/popcorn/etc. You will not run a register or have to deal with any money or the point-of-sales system.
Ushers will check tickets for movies and events and are responsible for the seating and safety of patrons in the theater. They are also responsible for welcoming and assisting patrons and maintaining security, safety, and emergency awareness for events. After an event, ushers help maintain clean facilities in the house and lobby. Ushers must be aware of and comfortable enforcing house rules.
Event volunteers will assist at special events outside the theater or within the community. Tasks for event volunteers could include patron check in, setting up, tearing down, and/or running/managing information or product tables, distributing materials and information, and/or selling items.
Committees meet at least once a month to plan and organize events related to all aspects of the West Shore Theatre. Committees looking for volunteer members include:
- Events/Development – Identify potential sponsors/donors, assist in development materials, correspondence, mailings, and presentations
- Public Relations – Work on PR plan to market events and participate in special presentations