Welcome to Mutual Aid Kadima (MAK)! This is the place to request support for a variety of needs for yourself, your family, or a friend/community member (who has agreed for you to request on their behalf). Here's how it works:
1. Fill out the form below to the best of your ability.
2. Morgan Scherer, Kadima's Operations Manager, will call you to either set up a meeting, or go over your request on the phone, at your preference. At that time, we will clarify any details, and create a calendar of the recipient's needs.
3. We will discuss the options of how to fill requests. We can send it to any combination of the following:
- Your circle of friends and acquaintances, which you provide a list of;
- Kadima members who have indicated interest in filling MAK requests (approx. 40 people);
- All Kadima members (approx. 250 people);
- The entire Kadima community via the newsletter (approx. 1000 people).
4. Once we have agreed on the level of privacy/openness you are wanting, a volunteer MAK Coordinator will email your request to the group(s) you have authorized. Individuals will be able to sign up for aid tasks via the email we send out (they will not need to create an account, but will need to enter their name, email, and phone number).
5. You can receive email reminders of upcoming filled requests, or not, at your preference.
6. The MAK Coordinator will keep contacting people until your requests are filled, and will update you on the status of your care calendar.
7. If the requests are not being filled within the group you specified, we will have a conversation to strategize.
8. The MAK Coordinator will check in with you at least every 2-4 weeks, depending on the duration and details of your request, to make any changes to your calendar and to see how things are going.