Yoga participants at WA Corrections Center for Women
Join Yoga Behind Bars as we launch our trauma-informed yoga summer certification series. Our trainings have supported practitioners interested in bringing trauma-informed knowledge and tools into the fields of: yoga, social work, therapy, education and the Department of Corrections.
YBB’s Online Training Focuses on Developing a Trauma-Informed Toolkit.
Our participants will have the opportunity to explore and experience the following learning objectives:
- Understanding trauma and its impacts on the brain + body
- Trauma-informed yoga sessions
- Interrupting internalized isms: building an informed lens for practitioners dedicated to inclusivity and access for populations disproportionately affected by trauma
- Opportunities to practice using and developing these tools
Training Schedule (Online)
Monday July 19, 2-5pm PST + Wednesday July 21, 2-5pm PST
Monday July 26, 2-5pm PST + Wednesday July 28, 2-5pm PST
Cost of Attendance
$299 training fee.
All 12 hours are Yoga Alliance Certified.
10% of all training fees are designated to offering scholarships to people impacted by incarceration.
Not only was I able to engage actively with information, inquiry, and practices as a clinician, yoga teacher, and art therapist – I was also able to really engage authentically with my own inner work and personal growth. So grateful for this opportunity to risk and grow in community.
- TIY Training participant, 2020
Questions about this training?
Have you been impacted by incarceration? Interested in applying for a scholarship?
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.